Our in depth knowledge of the training industry has enabled us to work with Trainsure to create an insurance policy specially suited to training providers at an unbeatable price.

Insurance guide

If you are new to having to insure your training provider business, read our guidance on the different types of insurance.

What is commercial property insurance?

Commercial Property Insurance is used to cover your company assets and business interruption risks. Commercial property insurance protects commercial property from risks of direct physical loss or damage to insured property, including Theft and material damage.

What is public liability insurance?

Public liability insurance covers claims of injury, illness or property damage by a learner or member of the general public against you or your company. This could include trainees, customers, clients, suppliers or the general public.

Examples of a public liability claim include not providing a safe environment to train in which causes an accident, injury or damage to property or simply you spilling a drink on a client’s laptop during a meeting and cause water damage.

Public liability insurance can also cover the cost of your legal defence, compensation payments and medical costs as a result of the claim.

What is Professional indemnity insurance?

Professional Indemnity is a commercial policy designed to protect your training company in the event that a client deems work produced or professional advice provided as inadequate. Indemnity cover, or professional liability insurance, will prevent you from suffering a financial loss when defending or settling the claim.

Professional indemnity insurance covers for claims made by a client for professional negligence or mistakes made in the training you have done for them. These may include poor advice, professional errors, defamation or libel, and sub-standard work / training. Professional indemnity insurance can cover the cost of legal defence, compensation payments, any additional costs for rectifying an issue and loss of income as a result of the claim

PI cover should be seen as an essential consideration for your business insurance package. It’s important that you feel confident in the quality of your work, but even with the best intentions, accidental errors and disputes over quality can happen.

What is the difference between Professional Indemnity and Public Liability?

Professional Indemnity and Public Liability are types of business insurance that cover compensation claims, though the nature of these claims differ. The difference between Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance is that Public Liability caters for claims by members of the public / learners / third parties for injury, illness or damage while Professional Indemnity covers claims by clients and learners for professional mistakes, poor training or negligence.

The key difference between Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance is that while Public Liability covers for risks of injury or damage, whilst Professional Indemnity is focused on the training and advice side of things, covering for professional errors and negligence.

What is Employers liability Insurance?

Employers' liability insurance covers your legal liability for bodily injury sustained by any person employed by you which arises out of and in the course of their employment. It is a legal requirement if your business employs one or more people.

What is the difference between “Any one Claim or Aggregate cover?

"Any One claim", limit refers to the total amount the insurance company will pay per incident / claim during the policy period.

"Aggregate" limit is the total amount the insurance company will pay for multiple claims over the course of one policy period.

What is Crime insurance?

Crime insurance is protection that covers policyholders for financial losses that they incur as a result of Criminal taking by an employee of the Insured acting alone or in collusion with others or theft, fraud or dishonesty committed by a third party.

Does your insurance cover all courses that you offer?

We found that some insurances offered by other accrediting/awarding bodies only covered courses that were accredited by them.

Trainsure insurance covers any courses you offer irrespective of the accrediting or awarding body.

What our members say